Parse log with structured text and JSON

Author
remo0033
Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)Junior Member (57 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The log file below is a LogViewPlus log entry, with pretty print JSON enabled

The first line has the DateTime and Level, and is structured text

Everything else is in JSON

I'd like to "squeeze" more fields out of my log by not only using the Pattern Parser, but also the JSON parser.

Is this possible?

The pattern parser only gives me 3 fields: Time, Level, and Message.

I'd like to extract more fields, from the JSON section, such as ProcessName, ProcessVersion, and even JSON arrays such as Variables and Arguments.

Edited 5 Years Ago by remo0033
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Remo,

Apologies for the slow reply.  

The only way to achieve this at the moment would be to use a custom parser:
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/custom_parsers.html

We do have plans to allow a log entry message to be "re-parsed" to allow extra data.  However, these plans are unlikely to be actioned this year.  ​

Also, you may be interested in a new setting in LogViewPlus which allows you to change the default syntax highlighting for a log file by changing it for a single log entry.  ​Under the "Syntax Highlight" settings, please see:

Hope that helps,

Toby​​​​​​​​​​​​
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...