logger in template not saving correctly

Author
marcin.wrazidlo
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a template with filters, which I apply to each log file. Levels work fine, but loggers not. I have one logger what I monitor on each of file.
Each time I open a log file on a workspace, I have to edit logger to filter correctly. Instead of c.a.a I have AwQCAAAABAEBAA==

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Marcin,

So, the problem is that the logger filter does not work when the workspace is restored - is that right?

What version of LogViewPlus are you using?  Does the problem happen every time you restore the workspace? 

Thanks,

Toby

marcin.wrazidlo
marcin.wrazidlo
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Hi Toby
Yes, logger filter not restoring correctly. Many times I save/update template to store correct logger filter but each time I restore workspace and apply filter template on it, the logger has weird value. And this happens each time I apply this template to any of workspaces.  
I'm using version 2.3.21
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Thanks for the update Marcin.

I am having trouble recreating the problem locally.  I think this may be a string encoding issue.  What locale are you in?  Logger strings are currently saved as UTF-8.  Can you please try:

1.  Saving your filter as a template and then applying the template.  Are you able to recreate the problem this way?  For more information on using templates, please see:  https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/save_and_share_filters.html

​2.  Refreshing the log file (F5) after the template has been applied.  Does this recreate the problem?​​​​

Thanks,

Toby​​​​
marcin.wrazidlo
marcin.wrazidlo
Hi Toby
This is code for template:
<!-- Begin LogViewPlus Template -->
LVPTPd416eQChHBo58ibXCAH9AwEB/f4AAQAAAApDT1BZX1BBU1RF7gUAAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUFBQUJBSUFBQUF
BAwQFAAAABAEBAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUFBQUJBTUFBQUFBAwQFAAAABAEBAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUF
BQUJBUUFBQUFBAwQFAAAABAEBAAApJQAAAAEEAgAAAAMcARBBUWtCQUFBQUJBVUFBQUFBAwQFAAAABAEBAABBPQAAAAEEAgAAAAM
0AShBUkJCZDFGRFFVRkJRVUpCUlVKQlFUMDlBd1FDQUFBQUJBRUJBQT09AwQCAAAABAEBAAAAAA==
<!-- End LogViewPlus Template -->

What now I see, my logger text is taken from the end of this template.
wrong text in my logger is: AwQCAAAABAEBAA==
I made bold text in template code to show similarity.

regarding 2
Pressing F5, refreshing, etc doesn't help at all.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
​​Hi Marcin,

​​If I modify the filter and then reapply it - everything seems to be working correctly.  It seems the save is corrupted and I am not able to determine exactly how this occurred.

Can you please modify the workspace, re-save it and check if the problem persists? 

Thanks,

Toby​​​​
​​​
marcin.wrazidlo
marcin.wrazidlo
I have recreated template and it's looking ok now, will check more and will let you know if a problem will happen again.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Thanks for the update Marcin - glad to hear you got it working.

This looks like a compatibility break between different LogViewPlus versions.  I think the problem is most likely related to the 2.3.16 release which contained an issue with logger and thread persistence (fixed in 2.3.18).  I will look to improve our testing to ensure this kind of problem doesn't happen again in future.

Thanks again,

Toby​​​​

​​
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...