file name pattern for friendly file name

Author
victor
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there!

I think tThe file name pattern should include too the friendly file name, I admin 2 system, each one produces a server.log which I access viw SFTP, but they have different log layout, so I cannot have both files opened because both match the file name patter and only one will be correctly parsed. If the file name patter includes the friendly file name or the full path, I'll be able to have both files opened, with my patterns targeting to the friendly file name.

Greetings!
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Victor,

Thanks for the feedback.  This is a difficult situation for LogViewPlus as there is no easy way to automatically determine how the file should be parsed.  Taking directory names into account could help, but this may also cause confusion if, for example, the file has been emailed.

When you have multiple formats for the same file name, it is best to provide a 'Friendly Name' in the parser configuration and then select the configuration manually when opening the file.

For more information, please see:
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/open_file_settings.html

Thanks,

Toby

victor
victor
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
it worked, but I think that settings like Parse With and Time Offset can be changed after log opened, I had to remove views and reopen with that settings

thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...