Line breaks in json message

Author
MagnusJ
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! When I mark a message I see the entire json message in the details box.That's great, but is there any way to display the line breaks as actual line breaks, instead of \n? If I right click on the message, choose copy cell, and then paste in a text editor I get the message in the right format, but that's a bit cumbersome.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Magnus,

Sorry - I am not clear on what you are trying to achieve.  Do you think you can send me a screenshot?

What you might try is changing the pretty print settings on the view:

Try the "Numbers & Symbols", JSON, and Unformatted settings.  See if one of these achieves the result you want.

If this works for you, then there is an application setting to automatically apply this change to the whole log file.  This setting is described here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/syntax_highlights.html

Hope that helps,

Toby
MagnusJ
MagnusJ
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

Let me try to explain it better. Many of my log posts have line breaks. In box 1 (see image) it gets nicely formatted as separate lines, but the in box 2 the message is displayed on one line (separated with \r\n). Would it be possible to have separate lines in box 2 as well, or would that be in violation of the json specification? Maybe this problem have its source in how the logs are written, I'm using NLog.

Kind regards
Magnus J

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...