Multi-select on column view

Author
Bob Tracy
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Brand new to LogViewPlus (3 hours) and am unable to find a way to uncheck more than one column at a time in the "Columns" menu or a way to select specific columns with a filter.  I've checked the documentation and this forum but didn't come up with anything, perhaps just overlooked existing methods.

Thanks,

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback.  I hadn't thought about the need to select multiple columns at the same time before.  Seems obvious when you mention it.  :-)  I will take a look and see if we can improve that in a future release.  In the meantime, I would recommend dragging the columns "up" and dropping them when you see the X.

There are several ways to search in a column.  The text filter has a source field that lets you specify the column.  You can also right click on the column header and select "Find in Column".

Hope that helps,

Toby

Edited 5 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
Bob Tracy
Bob Tracy
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Perfect!  No need for multiselect, the drag and drop works good enough.  I'll check out the filter method you suggested.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Glad to hear that helped - thanks for letting me know.

For future people who find this thread, I just remembered that you can also modify columns by right clicking on the column and selecting the Column Chooser.  This opens a dialog with all available columns and you can either drag and drop, or right click on a column name to add it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...