Sorting categories in workspaces

Author
drache42
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there any way to sort categories inside a workspace. Sometimes the categories are sorted, and sometimes they are not. Seems like it's unpredictable. It would be really nice if they would be alphabetically or manually sorted.

While I'm here, it would be nice to have multiple levels of categories Smile
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Drache,

Sorting is a bit hidden, but you can find it off of the workspace context menu.  If you right-click in the empty area of your workspace, you should see:

Subcategories are a little bit trickier.  :-)  We have intentionally left subcategories out of LogViewPlus for the moment.  The reason for this is that they increase our code complexity while providing only somewhat limited value.  This is true for both workspace categories as well as file system categories.  

I think this feature is probably inevitable - but it is not in our short-term road map.  I will add a +1 next to the suggestion though.  Thanks for the feedback!

Hope that helps,

Toby

drache42
drache42
New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Awesome thank you! 
It is a little bit hidden, I also looked through the documentation and didn't find it there either. Did I miss it in both places?

WRT to subcatagories: Makes sense. It's not a huge deal for me, now that I can sort categories Smile

Thanks for getting back to me so fast.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
In an earlier version of our documentation, it was under the rather confusing heading "Empty Context Menu".  Not sure what I was thinking on that one.  Smile

I have just updated the documentation to give it a slightly better name:  Workspace Menu

Thanks for the feedback!

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...