Group: Forum Members
I have hard time to do this as well. The example in the video works well (with levels). However, in my case try to combine text filters and for some reason the new filter returns nothing.
1) I create a text filter with "pattern 1" in the "Message" source. Selecting the filter shows the results as expected.
2) I create a text filter with "pattern 2" in the "Message" source. Selecting the filter shows the results as expected.
3) I drag and drop Pattern2 on Pattern1. This creates a filter named " 'pattern 1' in Message OR 'pattern 2' in Message". Selecting this filter returns nothing.
Selecting "Using original log entry" however works.
Control drag doesn't seems to work on my side as well (v126.96.36.199 evaluation). I am getting the following error while ctrl+drag a text filter over a level filter (like in the video):
The template you are trying to apply appears to be invalid. This is possibly due to an issue with a custom extension."
- Dragging the filter could open a popup with 'AND' and 'OR' choices to make this more intuitive
- It would be nice to edit the filter after creation, like the invert option. That way you could easily flip an 'OR' for a 'AND' for example.