Avoid that the [Del]-key closes the current view

Author
MatthiasB
Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)Junior Member (94 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi LogViewPlus-Team,

is there any chance to configure that the [Del]-key is not closing the current view.
I like to use the "Auto Filter" function. As soon as I do have my needed results I mark all text in the Auto-Filter and click the [Del]-key. My expectation is that it just clears the line like when using the backspace-key. Unfortunately every time I am tricked that my log is closed. ;-)

If there is a way to change it that would be much appreciated.
I enabled the option "Use 'ESC' key to close views." but the [Del] key stays active.

Side note:
When selecting text in the "Auto Filter" function there is no visible effect on the marked text like a changing background color. This is a bit confusing.

Thanks,
Matthias
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Rather than disabling the Delete / Close feature, I think it would be better to handle this as a bug.  Pressing Delete inside of an auto-filter should not close the view.

I will take a look.  Hopefully we can get this fixed for the next release.

Thanks,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Matthias,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v2.4.36 as a BETA release.

This release fixes the issue with closing views when the delete key is pressed inside of an auto-filter.  Unfortunately, there is now a bit of a problem with the delete key in auto-filters - the key is not being recognized.  We spent some time investigating this, but I was not able to find a solution.  For now, I think the solution implemented is an improvement, but more work is needed.

Hope that helps,

Toby
Edited 4 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...