How to delete many filters/log files at once?

Author
Blaž Cegnar
Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)Gaining Respect (122 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'd like to be able to delete many log files/filters at once by selecting them from the list and pressing delete. When multiple files/filters are selected, you could also add the merge command to the right-click menu.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
That's a really good point Blaž.  Single selection has been a core part of LogViewPlus for such a long time that I had not thought to challenge it.

It is a big change as it impacts all commands.  At a minimum, most would need to be disabled when using multiple selection, but I can definitely see where it would be helpful and powerful. 

Let me have a think about this one and get back to you.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Hi Blaž,

I have taken a look into this feature request.  The change for multiple selection and delete was relatively straight-forward.  Unfortunately, this change had several unexpected consequences in the application which were both difficult to detect.  Changing the tree list behavior in this way broke a lot of core assumptions.  For this reason, the change had to be rolled back.

I like the feature, but we will need to think a little bit more about the best implementation.

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks again for the suggestion. 

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
I just stumbled on this old thread.  For anyone finding this post, it is worth noting that multiple file deletion is now supported in the multi-select menu.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...