Time format inconsistent.

Author
BillG
Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Toby,
      Came across a minor item that caught me off guard today. Took me a few seconds to realize why nothing was being displayed when I set my time span.
When I went to set a time filter, the time in the log display was set for 12hr AM/PM (I know, I know....but that's how we roll on the wrong side of the pond!!), but the time format in the Date/Time filter was in 24hr time. Also noticed that the time span in the Logfile & Filters window remains in 24hr time.
Would it be possible to make them all follow the Date/Time format in Settings?
Thanks,
Bill G.

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Bill,

Thanks for pointing this issue out.  You are right - both of these formats should use the format defined in the "Time Display Format" configuration setting.

Let me take a look.  This should be an easy fix to put into the next release.  I will post back here when a BETA release is available.

Thanks again,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Hi Bill,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v2.4.42 into BETA available here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

This release includes a fix for the time formatting issue discussed above. The date filter now respects the format set in application settings:

We also modified how dates are set.  Previously, the "To" date would be set automatically based on the value of the "From" date.  We have updated this by added a button which allows a user to select a preset date.  

Hope that makes sense. Please let me know if you have any further questions or issues.

Toby
BillG
BillG
Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)Gaining Respect (117 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
....as the saying goes...2 out of 3 ain't bad!!  ;-}

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Good spot.  I will get that fixed before the release.

Thanks!

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Bill,

We have now released LogViewPlus v2.4.43 into BETA.

On investigating this issue further I discovered that there are several other places where this change needs to be made.  This required a change of approach which modifies the work done in the previous BETA.

Now, when LogViewPlus needs to display a date or time, it will do so using the OS time zone configuration as the starting point.  The exception to this will be when log entry timestamps are displayed in the grid.  In this case, the application configuration setting will be used.

I believe that this will resolve your core issue of AM / PM time zone display.  

This issue with reusing the application configuration is that the purpose of the configuration starts to get over-loaded.  For example, what if you want to display milliseconds in the grid, but not in the filter description?

Hope that makes sense.  Please let me know if you have any issues with the new approach.

Thanks,

Toby

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...