Importing settings doesn't import templates correctly

Author
v1ktor
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I set up LogViewPlus on a new computer and wanted to transfer my templates from the old computer. I exported settings (everything checked) and imported it on my new computer (everything checked). When I tried using my templates, both give me an error "The template you are trying to apply appears to be invalid. This is possibly due to an issue with a custom extension."

I don't have any custom extensions. This is a basic LogViewPlus install and import of settings from another computer. 

The templates have a lot of regex filters, maybe something isn't being exported correctly.

Thanks.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Viktor,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

This might be a problem with the settings formats across different LogViewPlus versions.  To investigate the issue further, it would help if I could see your settings file.  If you contact us directly, we can take this offline and send files via email.

Thanks,

Toby
v1ktor
v1ktor
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks, submitted the contact form with all the details.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
For anyone reading this post in the future - this issue was resolved by upgrading LogViewPlus and re-importing.  We were not able to identify the underlying problem.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...