End of log file doesn't show

Author
Maarten Mostert
New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I am in my 30 days of trial, and although things look great, logview plus doesn't want to display the last lines of my log file as can be seen in the enclosed image

Regards,

Maarten,

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Maarten,

Thanks for bringing this problem to our attention.

This is very strange as it appears that several lines are missing - not just the last log line.  I can see from the screenshot that tail is enabled.  What happens if you manually add a line to the log file?  What happens if you refresh the log file?

I have seen similar issues in the past which were cause by incorrect parser configurations. This can occur if the parser is looking for additional information before returning a log entry as "complete".  It might help to test with a simplified configuration.  Are you able to send me your parser configuration along with a few sample log entries?  

Thanks,

Toby
Maarten Mostert
Maarten Mostert
New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)New Member (35 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
Thank you for swift response.
If I refresh the problem remains.
If I add hello in sublime text as can be seen below, it doesn't move as can be seen below.
I don't know what is a parser file and how to create one I new to this program, although looks very good.
Maarten,

Attachments
Sans titre 2.png (243 views, 3.00 MB)
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks Maarten.

The fact that the problem remains after a file refresh means that the issue is most likely parser configuration related.  I can help you generate the correct log parser configuration, but a few sample log entries might help.

You can find out more about parsing a log file here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/parse_a_log_file.html
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/log_parsers.html
https://www.logviewplus.com/docs/parser_mappings.html

I would recommend removing the existing configuration for this log file and trying a basic Pattern Parser configuration like:  %d %m%n

I am sure we can create a better configuration, but that should be enough to confirm the issue is parser configuration related.

Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...