Request for default record order.

Author
BillG
Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
LogView displays records from oldest (top) to newest. For offline viewing (which is all we do) we prefer newest to oldest. While the order can be reversed by clicking the time column header, it doesn't stay that way switching between views and filters. Every time you switch views it reverts back to oldest on top.
The request is to be able to set a default for either direction. If set newest to oldest, then any filters created should be in the same order.

Please??!!

Regards!!!
Bill G.
Replies
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Bill,

Today we released a new BETA version of LogViewPlus (v2.4.21) which allows you to force LogViewPlus to sort log entries when they are loaded.  Under Tail Settings, there is a new option to "sort log entries by date in ascending order".

The BETA release is currently available on our download page at: https://www.logviewplus.com/download.html

Thanks again for the feedback!

Toby
BillG
BillG
Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)Gaining Respect (127 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
AWESOME!!
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I guess you got it working then.  :-) Thanks for the feedback Bill!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
BillG - 4 Years Ago
LogViewPlus Support - 4 Years Ago
BillG - 4 Years Ago
BillG - 4 Years Ago
BillG - 4 Years Ago
                         Thanks for the update. Not sure what the problem could be. I will need...
                             Did not change anything. Sent you the logfile we are viewing along...
BillG - 4 Years Ago
                                 Hi Bill, Thanks for the sample files. I was able to recreate and fix...
                                     Great to hear! Yes I believe the "Sort log entries after......"​ would...
BillG - 4 Years Ago
                                         Thanks Bill. I will add this feature into the next release and post...
                                             Hi Bill, Today we released a new BETA version of LogViewPlus...
                                                 AWESOME!!
BillG - 4 Years Ago
                                                     I guess you got it working then. :-) Thanks for the feedback Bill!