Export Log Entries Options

Author
Andrew Salive
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would love a way to have the Exported Log Entries also display the text that i had highlighted.   It would also be nice to be able to export only selected lines from a view.

I love this program for the ability to merge logs into a single view, and be able to parse out the text.  I review logs on systems have many log, and the ability to merge them all into one view is great.  However, I also like to provide a "Findings" page when I have completed a review for a customer.  I love being able to export to the HTML, but it does not keep my highlights so it makes the final report a bit more difficult.   If i could maintain the highlighted text, or be able to select specific lines of a view for the export it would make this great program perfect (for me).

I am a fairly new user to the program so i am sure there is much more to discover.  this could already be a thing, and I have just not found it yet.  Keep up the good work on it.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback.

Try copying the selected log entries with CTRL+C and pasting them into Wordpad or an email client.  Log entries are copied as Rich Text and maintain highlighting / coloring rules.

You might also try saving your analysis.  This feature maintains your view (including filters and notes) in a parser independent way so it can be easily viewed by another LogViewPlus user.

Finally, if the target log entries are sequential, you can select 'Filter Between' to create a filter which can then be exported.  This does not solve the highlighting issue, but it might still be helpful.

Hope that helps,

Toby

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...