Update to 2.5.37 causes some logs to be parsed as having the wrong Level

Author
samaursa
Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have the following parser mapping for Unreal log files:

[%d{yyyy.MM.dd-HH.mm.ss:fff}][%3t]%c: %p: %m%n
[%d{yyyy.MM.dd-HH.mm.ss:fff}][%3t]%c: %m%n
%c: %m%n
%m%n

It used to work very well, until recently where (one of) the update broke the Level such that some logs without a Level are parsed as having a Level. If I were to guess, it looks like LogViewPlus is searching for the Level with wildcards in between each character e.g., "e*r*r*o*r". Just a guess.

In the following screenshot, you can see that the log is clearly not 'Severe'. All the letters (underlined red by me) are present though (and I found that to be the case with all the logs that have incorrect Level.

Replies
samaursa
samaursa
Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)Gaining Respect (115 reputation)
Okay, great thank you.

Looking forward to a solution for this issue with Unreal logs.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)Supreme Being (6.2K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Samaursa,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v3.0.1 as a BETA release.  This release allows you to define the priority levels in the parser explicitly.  This gives the parser a chance to fail if one of the specified priorities is not detected.  This failure will allow your second patten (which does not have a priority) to be used.  Log entries without a priority will still be displayed as None. 

To specify the priority levels, you need to use the new -expectedValues parameter with a comma separated list of priorities.  Values are case sensitive.  For example:

%p{-expectedValues:info,warn,error}

Hope that helps.  Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention.

Toby
Edited 2 Years Ago by LogViewPlus Support
samaursa
samaursa
Thanks for adding the feature! I'll try it out.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
samaursa - 2 Years Ago
LogViewPlus Support - 2 Years Ago
samaursa - 2 Years Ago
samaursa - 2 Years Ago
                         Should it not show up as NONE? That is what I have in the logs with...
samaursa - 2 Years Ago
                             You would probably want to specify a default as further configuration....
                                 I understand, however in the above screenshot (pasted again below)...
samaursa - 2 Years Ago
                                     Right, but where did "Process Physical Memory" go? It is not part of...
                                         I see what you mean. The "Process Physical Memory" got consumed and is...
samaursa - 2 Years Ago
                                             Thanks for the feedback. It would be great to handle this scenario...
                                                 Okay, great thank you. Looking forward to a solution for this issue...
samaursa - 2 Years Ago
                                                     HiSamaursa, I just wanted to let you know that we have now released...
                                                         Thanks for adding the feature! I'll try it out.
samaursa - Last Year