Turning off highlighting in text filters

Author
TimH73
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

When I create a text filter, the text I'm filtering for is highlighted in every log entry in which it appears. While I can see how this might be useful in some cases, to me it's mostly annoying. Is there a way to turn it off?

-- Tim

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Tim,

The main highlight in yellow is a direct match for the current text search and cannot be turned off. 

When you search for text, LogViewPlus will also create a global highlight by default.  Global highlights will find the text in any filter across any open file.  You can disable this default behaviour in application settings:

You can also disable global highlights on a per-search basis.

Hope that helps,

Toby
TimH73
TimH73
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks. I was wondering what the "global highlight" setting did, especially since it didn't seem to affect the highlighting I was trying to get rid of. I wish there was a setting to turn it off the text filter highlighting entirely. To me, it creates a lot of distracting visual noise and makes the results harder to read, not easier. I realize that other users might not feel that way. That's why I think it should be a setting. It would be fine if it defaulted to being on. I just want the ability to turn it off.

-- Tim
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Glad that helped Tim.  

I will look into adding a setting to disable the main text filter highlight.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...