Disable colorization in search results?

Author
Markus P
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the great work on LogViewPlus!
I often use the Text filter to restrict the number of lines in large files. In all cases that I can think of, the filter expression is the least interesting part of the log line. It gets worse when I use regular expressions that cover most of the line. For me, this is really annoying and distracting.
Please add an option to disable the highlighting!

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Markus,

Apologies for the delayed response.  Unfortunately, our forum software flagged this message as spam and it was only now discovered. 

There are two kinds of highlights in LogViewPlus:

1.  Global highlights - work across all views and are shown in the highlight manager.  Global highlights are created by default when a text filter is created, but this default behaviour can be disabled in application settings.  It can also be disabled selectively in the text filter settings.

2.  Search result highlights - highlight text matching the currently selected text filter.  These highlights often have a yellow background and cannot be disabled.

If you disable global highlights, I suspect that will make the log entries less cluttered.

Hope that helps,

Toby
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)Supreme Being (6.1K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Markus,

I just wanted to let you know that we have now released LogViewPlus v3.0.28.  We have released this as a full release, but there will likely be changes soon with another release early next week.

This release added the ability to configure the highlight color:

Hope that helps

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...