Connect the FileViewPlus to a database for increase performance and increase limit tracking?

Connect the FileViewPlus to a database for increase performance and...
Author
Sunny
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Still very happy with your software, ´have already introduced it on my workplace Smile

Anyway, it might say clearly somewhere but i cant find it. Is it possible to connect LogViewPlus to its own database? pref MS SQL.
And maybe increase limit tracking and make it a bit easier on the client computer?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Thanks Sunny - glad to hear you are finding LogViewPlus helpful.  Smile

LogViewPlus can read log entries from a database, but it sounds like you want to write data to the database.  I am not sure this makes sense for LogViewPlus as we actually write very little data (only application settings).  What is it you are trying to do?  Writing to a database would not help with performance.

Hope that helps,

Toby
Sunny
Sunny
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Many thanks man!

When im saying writing to DB i mean that i want the file parser to write the selected information and upload it to the database.
But i have to admit, databases is not my area, so i might thinking wrong here and there is a better way to do it?
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)Supreme Being (5.3K reputation)
Group: Moderators
I am not sure that kind of functionality makes sense at this stage.  However, as LogViewPlus adds more reporting features, it might be a good fit.

In the meantime, I would recommend copying (Ctrl+C) the rows you are interested in tracking.  Alternatively, you can export log entries or save your analysis.

Hope that helps,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...