Usage After Expiry

Author
Email User
Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)Gaining Respect (141 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am unsure, how to interpret the following section on your purchase page:

"What happens when support expires? Existing installs will continue to work normally, but you will not be able to register on new machines or install the latest updates."

Does that mean, that after support expires, I'll not be able to install a personal license of LogViewPlus on a new computer and it will stay bound to whatever computer I had at that time?

Edited 5 Years Ago by Email User
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi,

Your understanding is correct. Once support expires, you will not be able to install on previously unregistered machines.

LogViewPlus is licensed per user user which means you are free to install it on as many machines as you need. Unlike some companies, our licenses continue to be valid indefinitely - but only on machines that were identified during the support period.

We also offer a deep discount on support renewals of 70 - 75%.

I hope that makes sense. This is a little different from how other companies license software, so please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Toby
kevinwells5
kevinwells5
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
I purchased logviewplus a few weeks ago.  I registered the software  now it is stating it is unregistered.  Help is needed.  Thanks

LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)Prestige User (3.9K reputation)
Hi Kevin,

You can check the status of your license key here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/check_key.aspx

If you continue to have problems, please contact us directly with your license key details using our contact form: https://www.logviewplus.com/contact.aspx

Thanks,

Toby

Andy65
Andy65
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
I have unfortunately had to rebuild my machine and my licence has expired and does not (of course) work with the new version. Where can I obtain a download of the version that I purchased so that I can install and licence it? I have no idea what version it was because I lost my downloaded files in the rebuild and none of your purchase emails refer to the version.
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
Hi Andy,

You can find a list of previous releases here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/releases.aspx

Unfortunately, we do not have release dates listed yet - sorry about that.  You can get the release date by checking the security certificate in the file properties.

If you have any problems rolling back, it may be worth looking at this discussion:
https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/320/Upgraded-to-the-latest-version-and-software-license-is-not-working

Thanks,

Toby

Andy65
Andy65
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Hi Toby,

Thanks for the reply but that is not entirely helpful as I will have to work backwards to find a version that works. One thing that bothers me though is will it even work bearing in mind the licence key check says:
The license key is valid, but support expired on 21 Apr 2019. New installs prohibited
Does the fact that I am trying to install on my rebuilt machine count as a new install?

Andy
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
I agree that dates need to be provided with the executable.  Sorry about that.  I will work to get this resolved soon. 

It depends on what you mean by "rebuilt".  If the machine has a new motherboard or machine name, then this would qualify as a new machine.  I would not expect the install to work in this case - regardless of the build date. 

Toby 
Andy65
Andy65
Hi Toby,

No I mean the operating system was re-installed and I then had to reinstall all the software.

Andy
LogViewPlus Support
LogViewPlus Support
As long as the motherboard and computer name have not changed - it should be fine.  You may need to delete your settings as mentioned here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/forum/320/Upgraded-to-the-latest-version-and-software-license-is-not-working

I have updated the previous releases page to show the file modified timestamp.  I have not verified that the modified dates correspond to the release dates, but it should help.  Previous versions are available here:
https://www.logviewplus.com/releases.aspx

Thanks,

Toby
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...